Friday, May 23, 2008

E-mail from Seth 05-20-08

Hey Momma,
I'm doing SOO good! The MTC is incredible and I can't believe the spirit here. I have grown so much and learned so much doctrine, but the best part is, my testimony has just overpowered me. My desire to leanr and grow has never been greater. I strive to always work as hard as I can because it's not my time, it's the Lord's.
My district is incredible. We work so well with eachother and we're just getting along really well. I've been trying to set an example because i'm the district leader and I feel like i'm doing a pretty good job. My companion is from Paradise, Utah and he reminds me of a mormon Chris Farley..if you know who that actor is! 1 week and i'm out of here. Oh yeah, today is my P-day but I think it's going to be different out in the mission field.
My schedule is insane out here, i've never been more packed and busy in my life but it feels SO good. My instructors are awesome, they are just filled with power and knowledge and they just bring the spirit to class everyday and uplift us all the time. We get to go to the RC once a day and we get to call people who have requested a bible of book of mormon or a mormon movie, and we make sure they have gotten it. Well I called someone and it wasn't the person, it was a 15 year old girl, but I ended up talking to her for 10 minutes about the church and I bore testimony of the Book of MOrmon and ended up giving her one!! It felt so good, and the spirit just moved me.
Elder Scheifer and I have had some great spiritual experiences, expecially when teaching. Our last lesson we taught (lesson 2) we were kind of shaky at the start, but then we just went off, the spirit and the power that was in us just took over the room and our "fake" investigatoe just cried. It was AMAZING, I can't even describe it. Well your email is probably going to be longest, but mom, I love you SO much and am so thankful for all the many wonderful things you've done for me. I can't believe i'm actually out here on a mission, it's kind of surreal but incredible at the same time. I miss you guys, but the work is keeping me from being homesick. It's so great to hear from you in letters and emails..I got your packages...thanks so much. Love you, and tell the ward I said hey, and give my friends this email so they can email me k? thanks mom, I LOVE YOU!!
Love, Elder Probert

No comments: